Monday, October 13, 2014

Makeup Geek-Go to for Fall 2014

So if you have been anywhere on the online beauty community chances are you have heard of Makeup Geek. Marlena, who began on YouTube six years ago, is the creator of the brand, and some of the best eyeshadows, blushes, and brushes in the game. They are CREAMY. They are PIGMENTED. They are UNDER TEN DOLLARS. They are life. They shadows and blushes come in either pan form or in compacts. I personally enjoy the pan version just because I like to put mine in Z Palettes, but the compacts work great for traveling. The ones I'm going to show you today are my choices for this fall season, but trust me, check out the website and you will find shades for every season.





From left to right eyeshadows: Burlesque, Preppy, Peaches and Cream, Vanilla Bean, Corrupt.
Blush: Secret Admirer. 

- Burlesque is in my opinion one of the best shades to create the perfect smokey eye for fall. It is a deep berry color that I love throwing all over the lid or in the outer corner. Although it does have a sheen to it, working it into the crease is easy and sheen is barely visible. My blue eye and green eyed girls this color is for you. 
- Preppy is the most amazing khaki color. It is perfect for everything. Crease color. All over the lid. Smoked out in the corner. Everything. I love it because it's different from the typical light brown that is usually used. It has this beautiful yellow and green undertone that makes is beautiful for any eye color. 
- Next we have Peaches and Cream. This color is great for the crease and blending out those stubborn shadows that just don't want to budge. Color wise it's just as the name says, a warm peach. 
- Vanilla is a gorgeous highlight color that is so close to my skin tone, but it also has this beautiful sheen to it. I love using it on my brow bone and inner corner of my eye. 
- Now for Corrupt. Guys can we just talk about the pigmentation! Macs Carbon has NOTHING on this bad boy. Not only is it pigmented but it's also creamy and super easy to blend with. I use this shade if I want to deepen up a look for nighttime or I use it to smudge out and intensify a kohl liner. 
- Lastly we have the blush, Secret Admirer. This is the perfect neutral shade that will go with literally every look. I use this shadow the most in my freelance kit. Just like the shadows it is super pigmented and very easy to blend. 

The shadows retail for $5.99 in the pan or $7.99 in the compacts and the blushes $9.99 in the pan and $12.99 in compacts. All can be found on the Makeup Geek site. 

Let me know what shadows you're loving this season. I'm always on the hunt for more!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment