Saturday, October 4, 2014

Did Someone Say 90's?

As we all probably know, the 90's have taken ahold of the fashion world by the reins and I don't see them going anywhere anytime soon. Besides being one the best times to live in the country economically, the 90's had some of the most iconic makeup and fashion trends this world has seen. From tying a hoodie around your waist, flipping your ball cap backwards, ripping your jeans apart, combat boots, turtlenecks, middle parts, and the infamous Doc Martins, you can see how much of the trends we're seeing now are influenced by that era. Now not only is fashion being drawn from the 90's, but makeup is as well. All you hear about is the 'Kylie Jenner' lip, when in reality, it's the 90's lip. A darker muted pink, brown, mauve, nude matte lip is one of eras finest makeup trends, and I'm going to show you how to achieve it with some of my favorite lipsticks.













Going through my collection and picking the shades for this is extremely difficult because I wanted to pick shades that stayed true to the trend, but also were a little more wearable. The first shade on the left is Touch Of Spice from Maybellines new matte collection. These are some of the BEST lipsticks I have ever worn. They have the matte look but they glide on and are creamy on the lips throughout the whole day. In a way this is the matte look you're used to, but better. Way better. Touch Of Spice is a darker brown pink color and very opaque. Next we have another Maybelline matte lipstick in Daringly Nude. I love this shade because it's the perfect pink nude that is flattering on SO many skin tones. Just as the previous, it is also creamy and opaque. The next two shades are from Mac. First we have Twig which is showing up slightly more pink on camera. It is described as a muted brownish-pink but I personally think it pulls slightly more brown. It has a satin finish so it's not completely matte and definitely has a creamy texture, while still keeping a little sheen. Lastly we have Brave. This is probably one of my all time favorite Mac lipsticks. It goes with just about every makeup and outfit choice and also will work on most skin tones. It is described as a pink beige with white pearl and is also a satin finish.

All in all, I don't see this trend going anywhere anytime soon. I believe that this has reinvented the 'nude' lip. Instead of those more beige toned lipsticks, which doesn't always work for every skin tone, these pinker nudes are flattering all around. I would personally like to the thank the 90's for showing this trend (and many others) to the world. Now if we could just get back male middle parts. Shawn Hunter was the dreamiest!

I am always on the look out for new lipsticks, especially in this color. Let me know if you would like to see more swatches and also let me know what your favorite colors for this upcoming fall season are!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment